Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Hawaiian Butter Mochi

This all started with half a can of coconut milk. I used the first half in my coconut jello recipe so I googled for things to make with coconut milk, and this Hawaiian butter mochi looks good! All I have to do is get a box of mochiko flour from the store (yes I am lame). I halved the recipe and used a 9x5 loaf pan.

This time, I reduced the sugar by only 1/4 because I never work with mochiko flour before and I do not know how it will turn out. I will reduce sugar by 1/2 if it works this time.

https://www.contemplatingsweets.com/hawaiian-butter-mochi/

Ingredients
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
16 oz mochiko flour 
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 can evaporated milk 12oz
1 can coconut milk 14oz

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease a 9x13 inch pan.
Mix the melted butter and sugar until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Stir in vanilla. Pour in the mochiko and add the baking powder. Stir until mostly combined. Stir in the evaporated milk, stir in the coconut milk. When batter is totally smooth, pour into pan and bake for one hour. 
Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature. 


The mochi came out very buttery fragrant and has that chewy mochi-like consistency. It did not taste too sweet so I think I will keep the sugar at 3/4 if I make it again.








No comments:

Post a Comment