Wednesday, April 22, 2020

French Baguette

This is a combination of a family-friend recipe and a YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m08i8oXpFB0

The recipe is detailed but I have never made French baguettes before so the video is a good visualization on how the dough is supposed to look at each step.

Since I am not sure if I can distribute the recipe, I will just leave it out. You can follow the recipe on the YouTube video and I am sure it will turn out great too!








I think the skin turned out more chewy than crispy but the bread is soft and tasty overall and I am happy with the result. I will definitely make this again if I have time. There is a lot of down time but you will have to be home the whole day to make this work. I did (4 x 45 min) + 15 min resting + 20 min proofing + 30 min oven warming + 60 min baking + 60 min standing. That was my whole day. But at least we had fresh baguette for dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment