Sunday, May 10, 2020

Pound Cake

I love adding sour cream to any cake because it adds moisture and lightness. I understand there are people who love dense, rich, sweet, pound cake. I love them too, from time to time. But I prefer lighter, fluffy, not-so-sweet pound cake and this is the perfect recipe: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq62eKar-Xg

Take butter, egg, and sour cream to room temperature 1 hour before starting.

120g butter
170g sugar
Vanilla extract
2 eggs
200g sour cream
240g all purpose flour
6g baking powder

1. Mix butter lightly
2. Add sugar to butter, mix at medium speed ~4 min
3. Add eggs one by one, mix 2-3 min each
4. Add a few drops of vanilla extract
5. Add sour cream, mix at medium speed 2-3 min
6. Sift in all purpose flour and baking powder. Mix by hand by gentle folding

320F 30 min (The cake was still raw after 30 min so I moved it to bottom rack and bake another 30 min)

I used 9x5 inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper











The cake is soft and fluffy with crunchy outer layer. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment