Monday, January 31, 2011

Banana Bread

My final baking day. I may do it again in the future, when I have full access to an oven. For now, I'll just have to live with buying stuffs from bakeries.

I utilized my 2 brown bananas to make banana loaf. The recipe is from:

http://www.figandcherry.com/recipes/breakfast/dense-and-moist-banana-bread-recipe/

Banana bread recipe

  • 125g unsalted butter
  • 3 super ripe bananas
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract or paste (only use essence if you’re desperate!)
  • pinch of cinnamon
  • pinch of cloves
  • 1 and 1/2 cups plain flour (I used self-raising flour and no baking powder, that’s why the bread is so flat)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • handful of raw walnuts, roughly chopped (optional)
I made some slight modifications to accommodate my baking supply at home. I used 1/4 cup unsalted butter and 1/4 cup regular butter instead of 1/2 cup unsalted butter. I didn't sprinkle with nuts on top. Also increased baking powder from 1 teaspoon to 1 1/2 teaspoon.

1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Melt 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter in microwave. Let cool.
3. In another bowl, mash 2 over ripen bananas with fork. Add the melted butter, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix well.
4. Sift in 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Mix until just combined.
5. Grease an 8x4 loaf pan and pour in the batter.
6. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.

The loaf came out smelling fantastic, soft and moist. Sweetness is purely from bananas, which I love! Yum!

Note: Good recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment