Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Molten (Lava) Chocolate Cupcakes

I got tired of baking cake without an electric mixer so I bought cake mix to heal my confidence and soothe my soul. Plus, Betty Crocker's cake mix was on sale for only 99 cents per box!

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/molten-chocolate-cupcakes/8c33caa3-6e41-41d2-8b78-f5b0d1f3da02

Ingredients

3/4
cup whipping cream
1 1/2
cups semisweet chocolate chips
1
box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ devil's food cake mix
1
box (4-serving size) chocolate fudge instant pudding and pie filling mix 
1 1/4
cups water 
1/2
cup vegetable oil
4
eggs 
1
container Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting
Powdered sugar
Sliced strawberries 

I got the super moist devil's food. I followed the recipe except that I left out the frosting, strawberries and powdered sugar decoration. The recipe is easy and pretty much foolproof except for the fact that the cold chocolate filling was too much. I baked them in two batches since I only have one muffin pan. The first batch came out too chocolate-y; the chocolate filling bleed all over the bottom of the cupcake and also cracked the top part. To make things acceptable, my bf named them chocolate lava cupcakes while distributing to his co-workers. It was a hit because the muffin tops indeed looked like volcano about to erupt.

This was from my second batch where I reduced the cold chocolate filling to half. I did not take pictures of the first batch because I put too much chocolate and the cupcakes were a mess (the bottom part was nothing but melted chocolate).


Note: Half the chocolate filling next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment