Sunday, January 2, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin (Tough) Cookie

My bf loves oatmeal raisin cookies so I was determined to make him a batch and hopefully he will love them. Assuming that muffins and cookies are made from the same principle, I used the recipe as the one I used for muffins yesterday, omitting chocolate chips, bananas, vanilla extract, and substitute with half cup of instant oatmeal and half cup of raisins instead. The dough seemed a little dry so I added half cup of plain yogurt. I scooped them onto a baking sheet, 6 cookies in total. Baked for 8 mins at 375F. The cookies came out really tough :( they look golden brown and delicious but when I tried to break them they wouldn't break! I had to throw the whole batch away because they are really really chewy and hard, almost inedible.

Note: Over-mixing the batter (wet and dry ingredients) will encourage the formation of gluten and results in tough cookie. Only mix 10-15 times. It is okay if there are still flour residue on the side of the bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment