Sunday, January 9, 2011

Portugese Egg Tart (Second Attempt)

The last time I made these I cut the recipe in half and use approximation for everything. This time I will follow the exact recipe and see if the egg tarts taste any better.

Oh wait, I still do not have heavy whipping cream. Oh well. Slight tiny bit of modification from the original recipe.

1 box of Betty Crocker Pie Crust Mix
3 tablespoons melted butter
1/3 cup cold water
=> Mix into a dough. On a floured surface, roll the dough and cut into 10 balls.

4 egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup milk
3 drops vanilla extract
=> Beat using an electronic hand beater and strain.

Balls of dough were pressed into muffin pan sprayed with Pam, forming the crust similar to an egg tart. The beaten and strained egg mixture (wet ingredients) was poured into the crusts one by one, until about 3/4 full.

Egg tarts were baked in preheated oven at 400F for 20 minutes.

The egg tarts were delicious! It taste a little different this time, both my bf and I noticed that. Maybe because I used regular sugar instead of light brown sugar.

One of the egg tarts was already in my tummy :P


Note: Is there any egg tart crust shaper that I can use? The crust were all inconsistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment