Saturday, January 8, 2011

Italian Sausage Cheese Puffs

I had some leftover Italian sausages and some Velveeta cheese so I decided to use them up. The following recipe was adapted from a pepperoni pizza puff recipe:

http://blogs.babble.com/family-kitchen/2010/12/02/holiday-appetizers-that-rock-one-bite-pepperoni-pizza-puffs/

I made some slight modification.

1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
1 cup shredded Velveeta cheese
2 Italian sausages, chopped half then bite size pieces

I combined flour, baking powder, salt in one bowl, then added milk, egg, cheese and pepperoni and stirred until completely mixed. Batter was scooped into sprayed muffin pan, about 3/4 full. This gave 6 puffs. Italian seasoning was sprinkled on each puff before being baked in a preheated oven at 400F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

This recipe was excellent; moist, fluffy and full of flavor. No additional comments.

And I took some pictures this time, the top one using my cell phone and the bottom with a camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment