Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cinnamon Rum Raisin Bread Pudding

The recipe I used was adapted from:

http://www.10news.com/entertainment/423021/detail.html

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup Butter, melted
  • 1 cup Dark raisins
  • 1/2 cup Dark Rum
  • 4 - 6 slices White bread
  • 2 cups White bread, cubed
  • 2 cups Milk
  • 2 cups Cream
  • 1/4 tsp. Ground cinnamon
  • Pinch Ground nutmeg
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla
  • 8 Eggs, large
  • 3/4 cup Sugar

Actually, I did not measure anything. Yea I'm so horrible. I had 5 slices of 2-day old cinnamon raisin bread so I just used them to make something else before they go bad.

1. Cut bread into cubes and place in cake pan.
2. Preheat oven to 350.
3. Bring equal amount of milk and coconut cream (since I do not have cream) to simmer in a saucepan (actually I also skipped this part and heated them up in a microwave instead). Add cinnamon, vanilla extract and rum extract. Stir until mixed and cooled (about 5 minutes).
4. Beat 3 eggs in another bowl. Add sugar and mix well.
5. Slowly add the cooled milk mixture to the egg mixture while whisking, forming 'custard'. Mix well.
6. Pour thicken custard into cake pan with bread cubes.
7. Sprinkle some raw brown sugar and ground cinnamon on top.
8. Bake for 50 minutes.

It came out okay, just not sweet enough. So I sprinkle some more superfine sugar on top while it was still hot.


Smells soooo good...

Crumbly on top and bottom and soft pudding egg-y interior


Note: Repeat with more rum extract. Good recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment